Register now for the October 3rd SAT!!! To avoid a late fee register by September 3rd!
Seniors, act now, you only have 4 days left to register for the SAT on October 3rd and not have a late fee.
During the Welcome Back Open House this Thursday parent meetings will be held for grades 10 and 11 from 6-6:45 and grade 12 from 7:00-8:15 in the Performing Arts Center. Sophomore and Junior parents will receive information on PSAT/SAT/ACT and ASVAB testing preparation and registration. Also included will be information on dual credit and AP classes and important deadlines leading to graduation and post secondary success. Senior parents will receive the senior calendar, important deadlines, college application and transcript request procedures and Commencement information. Grace College Financial Advisor Gretchen Bailey will be here at 7:30 to walk parents through the financial aid process, FAFSA filing and important deadlines that cannot be missed.
The purpose behind today’s message is to reestablish expectations for our PLC - Early Release Thursdays.
1) Students may be released at 2:10PM each Thursday afternoon providing their academics are in good standing. As the weeks go on, more students will be required to stay until 2:50 for academic assistance if assigned by an administrator.
2) Once released, students are expected to leave the campus for the day. If your student is not a driver, walker, or is asked to stay for academic assistance, he or she is expected to report to one of 4 supervised areas of the building by 2:16 PM.
3) If you are here to pick up your student between 2:10 – 2:16 you do not need to come into the building.
4) If you will be picking up your student AFTER 2:16 but BEFORE 2:50, you must sign him or her out at our Attendance Office just like any other day.
5) Please assist your son or daughter with a plan for tomorrow. If they are released, they know the expectation. If they stay, they know the expectation. This will help everyone with the safety and security of our students. This system isn’t any different that our previous late-start Thursday. We simply have different steps to accomplish the same goal.
In closing, we are off to a great start! Our students have been patient, respectful, and a pleasure to have in the building! As a reminder, please come out next Thursday anytime between the hours of 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM to our Back to School night! This event will provide you a chance to attend a class meeting as scheduled by our counselors or maybe you would like to attend the Principal’s Roundtable discussions where our administrative team will be available for questions and answers.
Attn Seniors: Herff Jones, the new vendor for graduation this year, has provided us with "contact" cards for you to complete and return. These cards were made available to English teachers and should have been handed out last week. If you do not have an English class or did not receive a card, please stop by the guidance office to get one. Cards should be completed and returned promptly. Thank you for your cooperation.