WCHS Homecoming Information
The Warsaw Community High School Student Council would like to invite you to participate in the 2018 homecoming parade on September 21st. The theme this year is Children’s TV Shows. Examples following the theme are: Spongebob, Dora the Explorer, Sesame Street, and Blue’s Clues.
Note: All groups are responsible for finding their own trailer and driver (please see the guidelines below for more details). The deadline for submissions is September 10th. The parade will be held September 21st. All floats need to arrive for lineup between 4:00 P.M. - 4:30 P.M. The parade begins at 5:00 P.M. Floats will be judged along the route not during lineup.
At WCHS, floats from sanctioned groups are welcome, and there are unlimited spots. Middle Schools are only permitted three floats per school. Elementary Schools are limited to only one float per school. Below are some of the rules and restrictions to the year’s parade, please read:
- · All participants must be a sanctioned club or organization from one of the Warsaw Community Schools.
- · All float drivers must be 21 years old or older.
- · Each club/organization is responsible for running a driving record/criminal history report, with your school, for non-school employees driving or participating in your float. FLOATS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM PARTICIPATING IF A BACKGROUND CHECK IS NOT ON FILE BY SEPT 13TH AT 3:00PM. WCHS clubs should take their forms to the Junior office (upstairs to the north of the Media Center). Other schools can submit the forms to their school office or scan/email to email@example.com
- · All parade participants must ride on a float. They are not permitted to walk or skate alongside the float,
nor get on and off of the float once the parade has begun.
- · All decorations must be fastened securely to the float.
- · Each float should clearly display the name of the club/sport.
- · All parade participants must be seated on the float unless the float has protective sides that are at least
three feet tall.
- · If you should decide to throw candy, it should be tossed underhanded to avoid injury.
- · All floats should be able to fit under the 10’ 6” clearance of the train overpass.
We hope to see you there!
Alex Becerra Co-Committee Chairman
Email Michelle Shipley firstname.lastname@example.org to get LINKS to SIGN UP!