Warsaw Community High School announces the 2016 Fine Arts Festival from 6pm to 9pm Thursday, May 12th. This amazing celebration of the visual and performing arts in Warsaw will be held in The Performing Arts Center at Warsaw Community High School.
The 37th annual Tri Kappa Art Exhibit in the Black Box Theater will be open to the public from 6:00-9:00. The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa has provided financial support for this event for 37 years. Students will display visual art works created during this school year and senior studio artists will showcase their work from the past four years. Three local artists jury the show and monetary awards will be given to winners in 12 categories as well as a Best of Show and Runner-up Best of show.
Activities for the evening include:
• WCHS Dance classes performing several exciting numbers
• Student produced Video Showcase on the big screen in the auditorium
• WCHS Jazz Band
• WCS Strings ensemble
• Tri Kappa Juried Art Exhibit-sponsored by The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa
• Potter’s wheel, stone carving and painting demonstrations
• Individual musical performances on the small stage in the lobby
• Cultural art and craft displays from the World Languages Department
• Creative Writing from the English Department
• Christi Ziebarth Exhibit in the gallery on the curve
• Culinary Arts students will serve their inventive appetizers and desserts sponsored by the Active Chapter of Tri-Kappa,.
The public is invited-- Please join the WCHS performing and visual arts teachers and their talented students for this evening of fun and celebration of the arts. All events are free and open to the public.
Last modified on