The purpose behind today’s message is to reestablish expectations for our PLC - Early Release Thursdays.
1) Students may be released at 2:10PM each Thursday afternoon providing their academics are in good standing. As the weeks go on, more students will be required to stay until 2:50 for academic assistance if assigned by an administrator.
2) Once released, students are expected to leave the campus for the day. If your student is not a driver, walker, or is asked to stay for academic assistance, he or she is expected to report to one of 4 supervised areas of the building by 2:16 PM.
3) If you are here to pick up your student between 2:10 – 2:16 you do not need to come into the building.
4) If you will be picking up your student AFTER 2:16 but BEFORE 2:50, you must sign him or her out at our Attendance Office just like any other day.
5) Please assist your son or daughter with a plan for tomorrow. If they are released, they know the expectation. If they stay, they know the expectation. This will help everyone with the safety and security of our students. This system isn’t any different that our previous late-start Thursday. We simply have different steps to accomplish the same goal.
In closing, we are off to a great start! Our students have been patient, respectful, and a pleasure to have in the building! As a reminder, please come out next Thursday anytime between the hours of 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM to our Back to School night! This event will provide you a chance to attend a class meeting as scheduled by our counselors or maybe you would like to attend the Principal’s Roundtable discussions where our administrative team will be available for questions and answers.