I am married to my lovely wife of twenty-seven years, Tracey. Tracey is a school nurse at Edgewood Middle School. We are the parents of two wonderful children. Our oldest, Tyler, is an assistant football coach and graduate student at Anderson University in Anderson, IN. Our youngest, Tara, is a senior also attending Anderson University.
In the fall of 2005 we became the legal guardians of Yachaaroah Lightbourne Stuart from the Bahamas. " Cha" is a graduate of UTEP in El Paso, TX where he was a member of the UTEP Miner NCAA DI football team.
We are involved in many activities. We are involved with and enjoy our church family at WCC. We also love the Performing Arts, professional and collegiate athletics, and nearly all outdoor activities.
Last May, Mason Johnson, then a freshman, won a $100.00 shopping spree at Wal-Mart as part of the Tiger Way Program. Unfortunately, the timing wasn't good to take this young man on this spending spree. After multiple attempts of trying to plan the event, Mason finally got to accompany me to Wal-Mart to spend his $100.00 prize.
Here is where the story differed from most. When his grade-level principal, Mrs. Huffman and I asked how he planned to spend his prize money, Mason, paused and stated, "I want to purchase items for the Fellowship Missions to assist those in need." Mrs. Huffman and I felt our jaws drop to the floor! It certainly brought tears. That my friends is exactly an example of a WCHS student living out the final five words of our Mission Statement, "enriching the lives of others!"
Thank you Mason for this valuable lesson for all!
Happy New Year 2016,
Welcome back for semester two students! As we begin 2nd semester there are a couple of things to assist you with the first day back and some thoughts for the first week.
1) As you arrive, 5 doors will be accessible for entrance. They are as follows: Main Entrance, PAC doors, Career Center doors, Athletic Dept. doors, and the Band hallway doors. All other doors will remain locked. Do not open doors for anyone or leave doors propped open.
2) You may print or upload your 2nd semester schedule on your mobile device. Please bring this with you on Tuesday, Jan. 5th. Any student not having their schedule may be able to go to the Media Center before school to retrieve your schedule.
3) There will be no schedule changes for the purpose of a teacher change honored. Our classes are full. Any request to change teachers for a specific class will be denied in order to keep our classes properly balanced. In addition to this, course adds or drops will be determined on a case by case situation reviewed by the counselor and grade level principal. The building principal will reserve the right to review any denied requests. All requests must be completed by Friday, January 8th to be considered.
We are all looking forward to a great conclusion to the 2015-16 school year! Please remember........ "IT STARTS WITH YOU!"
Good day to all,
This is a busy week here at WCHS/WACC as we conclude our semester and ready ourselves for the much anticipated Christmas Break!
End of course assessments will take place beginning with the 7th period class on Weds. As a reminder, the Thursday Bell Schedule will be that of our normal Weds. Bell Schedule. Students will have periods 1, 3, and 5 assessments. On Friday, we will run our regular Thurs. Bell Schedule. Students will be assessed periods 2, 4, and 6. We will also have a special Enrichment time by celebrating our "A" students and having members of our Performing Arts groups present a Christmas program.
We would like to remind students that the regular school day on Friday ends at 2:10 with PLC to follow. Parents are encouraged to pick up their student at this time on Friday. If you cannot arrange a ride for your student, busses will run for anyone not having a ride to leave early at the normal 2:50 PM time.
On behalf of the WCHS Administrative Team,
Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year!
Next week we will be on a 7 period day schedule all week due to PSAT testing on Wednesday, Oct. 14th.
Below is our daily schedule and information for each grade level for testing day.
Monday - 7 period day (with SRT)
Tuesday - 7 period day (with SRT)
Wednesday - PSAT TESTING - 7 period day (No SRT)
- Frosh - Herff-Jones Representative - Class Rings Class of 2019 - Photograph Guest Speaker - Retro-Bill
- Soph./Juniors - Testing 7:40 AM - 11:30 AM
- Seniors - EXEMPT from classes periods 1-4 College Visit, Community Service, or Job Shadow *Must arrive to school by 11:25 AM
- TESTING PERIODS 1-4, classes resume at 11:30 AM for periods 5-7
Thursday - 7 period day (with SRT)
Friday - 7 period day (with SRT)