Welcome to Warsaw Community High School Guidance and Counseling Department
Contact us: 574-371-5099
We embrace the core values of Warsaw Community Schools.
On July 8, 9, and 10, 2019, the Indianapolis Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association will host the FBI Youth Leadership Academy (YLA). The YLA is designed to promote an educational experience that will provide students with valuable leadership training and a greater understanding of the FBI. Through interactive physical challenges and classroom discussions we seek to further explain to youth how the FBI addresses the concerns of the community. Utilizing FBI strategic planning techniques and exercises, participants will have the opportunity to hone their decision making and leadership skills.
This two day, two night residential event will be hosted at Bradford Woods, Indiana University’s experiential learning center. Bradford Woods is located just south of Mooresville, on State Road 67. Its 2,500 acres are dedicated to the enrichment and education of youth and adults from all over the country. Students will be housed on site, and chaperoned by FBI personnel. Students will arrive on Monday, July 8th at 9:00 a.m., and will depart on Wednesday, July 10th at 10:00 a.m.
To be considered, the candidate should:
- have completed their junior year, and not yet completed high school by 7/08/19;
- have a GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- possess qualities of leadership, scholastic achievement and good citizenship;
- commit to attending the entire program; and
- write an essay of no more than 500 words depicting their interest in the program and how it will enhance their future plans.
***Please see Mrs. Graham in the counseling office if interested.**